For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Kohli Ventures of PO BOX 309, Uganda House, Grand Cayman K1-1104, Cayman Islands.
Information that we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site carrandcompany.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information provided by you when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service and when you report a problem with our site. This may include your name, address, email address and phone number.
- Information that we collect about you. On each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, such as the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your email address and login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information that we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any search websites or search information providers and we receive the information from them.
Uses made of your information
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- Information that you give to us:
- to ensure that we can provide you with the information and services that you request from us;
- to inform you about changes to our service;
- to make certain that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you.
- Information that we collect about you:
- To administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, if you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- Information that we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information given to us by you and the information we gather about you. This may be used for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We will not sell your information to any third parties.
Your personal information may be shared with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with [them or] you.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Kohli Ventures or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Storing your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Whilst we will do our best to ensure that your personal data is protected, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Your data will be kept by us only for as long as it is relevant and useful for the purpose that you supplied it to us for.
You retain right to request that we do not process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if it is our intention to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You may exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms used to collect your data.Â You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com/kohliventures.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates.Â If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.Â Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
You have the right to access information held about you. Please note that access requests may be subject to a fee of Â£10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.